Tuesday 21 April 2015

Thank you! Bursary from the Sir James Knott Trust

I've just received an incredibly generous bursary from the Sir James Knott Trust!

The Trust is an independent, grant making, charitable trust based in Newcastle upon Tyne in the north east of England. Sir James Knott was a shipping magnate and politician in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Since 1990, the Trust has made nearly 8,000 grants totaling over £25 million, many of them to charities known to have been of keen interest to Sir James Knott, who was a keen philanthropist.

Accepting the bursary requires me to write an expedition report when I get home, which I'll also be publishing on this blog and sending to everyone who's donated money to fund my expedition.

I've been overwhelmed by the help I've been receiving with my fundraising - I'm so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment